Fleming Vigna Balmer offers assessment and treatment services to individuals and to families involved in legal and/or rehabilitation processes. Referrals for such services can be generated by the individuals themselves, by their lawyers, by insurance carriers or by rehabilitation agencies.
We offer a variety of services including:
- Assessments that determine whether individuals are capable, from a psychological standpoint, of carrying out in an efficient manner activities of daily living and whether they suffer partial or complete disability with respect to their work functions.
- Assessments to evaluate the psychological consequences of physical injuries, the loss of loved ones or other traumatic experiences and the impact of such consequences on their day-to-day functioning and on the rehabilitation process.
- Psychovocational assessments to determine suitable vocational options for individuals whose physical functioning or emotional coping difficulties following injuries or traumatic events interfere with their ability to return to their regular employment and to assist in determining loss of earning capacity resulting from physical and/or emotional factors associated with the trauma.
- Treatment to facilitate adaptation following injury or trauma for cases of:
- posttraumatic stress disorder
- panic attacks
- chronic pain
- changes in family dynamics and relationships
- grief and bereavement