The psychologists and psychological associates at Fleming Vigna Balmer are trained to assess and treat a wide range of psychological problems including:
- anxiety-based disorders, e.g., generalized anxiety, social anxiety, obsessive- compulsive disorder, panic, and posttraumatic stress disorder (e.g., the psychological response to motor vehicle accidents, assault, or sexual abuse).
- mood disorders such as major depressive disorder and dysthymic disorder.
- interpersonal conflicts including marital or relationship problems and family conflict.
- psychophysiological dysfunctions including such disorders as irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, urinary frequency (upon appropriate medical referral).
- the loss of a loved one through death, separation, or divorce.
- chronic pain management.
- sexual dysfunction.
- vocational and/or rehabilitation challenges.
- anger management.
- assertiveness training.
- stress management.
- gay/lesbian challenges.
- adjustment disorders.